Scroll down for detailed episode notes and quick access timings
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The 3 conditions that must be met to be a successful entrepreneur
- The truth about earning a passive income
- How to get your own book published
- How the Kindle publishing process works for Jyotsna
- Why you don’t need to quit your job to become an entrepreneur
Jyostna Ramachandran quit her job out of boredom and out of frustration.
From running her own staff recruitment business to a, now successful, Kindle publishing business, Jyotsna, has published over fifty titles in the last year.
Last month she earned $5300. More than she has ever earned.
Having become a mother, Jyotsna got into Kindle publishing to create value for others and a life of freedom for her young family.
In this episode, you’ll hear about Jyotsna’s biggest challenge, the benefits of waking up early and why she’s recently written a book by the name of Job Escape Plan.
Items mentioned in this episode (quick access):
[0:00:50] Introducing Jyotsna Ramachandran.
[0:01:35] What Jyostna does. How Kindle publishing works.
[0:02:29] Elance and Upwork (previously oDesk).
[0:04:11] Paying writers to write books.
[0:05:25] How Jyotsna finds virtual assistants.
[0:06:37] How Jyotsna got into Kindle publishing.
[0:07:45] What Jyotsna tried. When she became a mother. Passive income.
[0:08:55] Where Jyostna got her inspiration from.
[0:09:35] If there is such a thing as passive income.
[0:10:30] What the biggest challenges and benefits are of Jyotsna’s work.
[0:11:13] Jyotsna’s biggest challenge.
[0:12:45] How Jyotsna plans her week.
[0:13:20] The benefits of waking up early.
[0:13:50] How Jyotsna manages her day.
[0:14:30] Creating content. Video. Coming out of her comfort zone.
[0:15:07] The idea for Job Escape Plan.
[0:16:33] Why you don’t need to quit your job to become an entrepreneur.
[0:17:52] What Jyotsna would have done differently.
[0:18:16] What it means to Jyotsna to be an entrepreneur.
[0:19:24] How Jyotsna stays in touch with her readers.
[0:20:31] Jyotsna describes how she helps authors publish books.
[0:22:00] The investment Jyotsna made to learn about Kindle publishing.
[0:22:37] Facebook group: Pat’s first Kindle book.
[0:23:15] How Jyotsna made the decision to focus on the Kindle business.
[0:23:40] Making $5300 in a month.
[0:24:13] What Jyotsna is most passionate about right now.
[0:25:18] The three conditions that must be met to be a successful entrepreneur.
[0:26:24] What matters the most.
[0:27:03] What Jyotsna is passionate about today.
[0:27:45] The one thing that has inspired Jyotsna most recently.
[0:28:26] What Jyotsna is grateful for today.
Links and Resources:
- Jyotsna’s blog
- Jyotsna’s book – Job Escape Plan*
- Jyotsna’s Kindle Publishing Business
- Ani Alexander
- Pat Flynn
- Tim Ferriss book – Four Hour Work Week*
- Facebook group: Pat’s first Kindle book
- Upwork (previously oDesk)
If you enjoyed this podcast, you’ll also like:
- Natalie Sisson, Suitcase Entrepreneur, on Living Your Dream Lifestyle
- Mike Russell on The Reality of Podcasting
- Dave Ursillo on Yoga and Living an Authentically Creative Life
- Andrzej Tucholski on Writing For English and Polish Audiences
- Anything is Possible with Michael Gebben
Thanks for listening
If you enjoyed the show, please share your honest review with others on iTunes by clicking here and rating the show. It will help folks to figure out if this show is for them.
Enjoy the show!
*Inspirational Creatives may be compensated, at zero cost to you, if you choose to buy this item. Thank you for your generosity and support!