Scroll down for detailed episode notes and quick access timings
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The importance of making creative work a priority
- The risk of not getting creative work done
- How the fear of success can become a block
You’ve cleared a morning to write.
You realise there’s a pile of washing to do.
“I’ll just do the laundry whilst I think about what to write…”; you tell yourself.
Somehow the washing takes all morning and the writing doesn’t get done.
In this short episode, we explore the importance of getting your creative work done.
How selfish are you about getting your creative work done?
Could the fear of success be blocking you from achieving your highest creative aims?
Items mentioned in this episode (quick access):
[00:41] Introducing this episode: day 29 of 30 days of daily inspiration.
[01:12] The importance of your creative work.
[01:48] Amanda shares what happens if she does not get her writing work done.
[02:48] How Amanda applies discipline to her creative work.
[04:30] The fear of success.
If you enjoyed this podcast, you’ll also like:
- ICP 178 Living Nomadically: How To Avoid Distraction And Get Your Creative Writing Done (with Amanda Turner)
- ICP 180 How To Overcome Creative Paralysis And Writers Block (with Author Amanda Turner)
- ICP 200 Three Years of Inspirational Creatives: 30 Days of Daily Inspiration
Thanks for listening
What’s inspired you recently? Let me know!