Scroll down for detailed episode notes and quick access timings
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The three elements to happy living
- Stephen’s secret to success and happiness
- How to find joy from not doing something
- The hidden power of forgiveness and asking for help
Stephen Rodgers’s wife’s health crisis changed his life.
Encouraged to re-evaluate the purpose of his own life, today he’s someone who is dedicated to helping others.
As the founder and CEO of The Alchemy Advisors he helps Creatives find their own meaning, purpose and potential.
As the author of a new book, Lead to Gold, Stephen reveals what he believes creates success and happiness when leading a creative life.
Having once generated $25 billion dollars in annual sales, in the real estate business, today he is someone who enjoys not just the arts, but also traveling, yoga, meditation, sky diving and kung fu as part of his richer life.
Hear what Stephen has learned from his successful friends such as Warren Buffet, Brian Tracy and John Assaraf and why he believes every moment in life is an opportunity, a test, a challenge or a gift.
Items mentioned in this episode (quick access):
Think and grow rich
[00:42] Introducing Stephen Rodgers.
[01:35] Stephen reveals the reality of his high-flying corporate career working with Warren Buffet.
[02:48] The secret to Stephen’s corporate success.
[03:52] How Stephen creates focus and clarity in his own life.
[04:09] Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
[05:39] What the rewards are when asking for help.
Life’s tests. challenges, gifts and opportunities
[08:04] How his wife’s health crisis changed his life.
[11:43] Where Stephen found the strength to stay calm during that traumatic time.
[15:23] What Stephen did to move forward from that intense moment.
[18:12] How life is different for Stephen today.
[20:38] How his mindset has evolved about time, money and finances.
Lifestyle, happiness and not selling out
[23:52] How to achieve a life you want without selling out.
[26:02] Stephen reveals the key to happiness in his own life.
[27:15] How he schedules time to keep himself happy.
[27:43] Experiencing joy with others.
[28:40] What Stephen means by joyfulness.
[29:10] Overcoming addictions.
Clean living and finding presence
[29:27] Becoming vegan.
[30:40] Finding joy from not doing something.
[31:20] What Stephen has learned from his successful friends.
[33:30] How he defines success today.
[34:40] Stephen talks about the power of presence.
[36:45] How Stephen fits all of his interests into life.
Overcoming resistance and turning lead to gold
[38:43] Who Stephen’s new book is for.
[41:25] Reading War of Art by Steven Pressfield.
[42:49] How Stephen pushed through his internal resistance.
[43:52] What he is most passionate about in his work today.
[44:35] What has inspired Stephen most recently.
[46:40] The power of forgiveness.
[48:19] Where to find out more about Stephen and his new book.
Links and Resources:
Books mentioned in this episode:*
- Lead to Gold by Stephen Rodgers on Amazon (UK)
- Lead to Gold by Stephen Rodgers on Amazon (US)
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill on Amazon (UK)
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill on Amazon (US)
- War of Art by Steven Pressfield on Amazon (UK)
- War of Art by Steven Pressfield on Amazon (US)
Other quotes from this episode (click to tweet:)
- “I believe there are no coincidences in life”
- “I surround myself with other like-minded people”
- “Sometimes it’s a signal from the universe that it’s time to take another path”
- “The key is to know how to market what it is your doing”
- “I’m really focused now on being present in the present moment”
- “Is there someone you need to be asking for forgiveness from?”
- “I don’t do guilt anymore”
If you enjoyed this podcast, you’ll also like:
- Claire Higgins on Gaining The Confidence To Create
- Transforming Your Ideas Into Reality and Royalties with Stephen Key
- From Corporate Employee To Thriving Wellpreneur with Amanda Cook
Thanks for listening
If you enjoyed the show, please share your honest review with others on iTunes by clicking here and rating the show. It will help folks to figure out if this show is for them.
Enjoy the show!
*Inspirational Creatives may be compensated, at zero cost to you, for some of the books listed, if you choose to buy. It’s one way you can support this podcast. Thank you for your support! (We love books!)