Scroll down for detailed episode notes and quick access timings
In this episode you’ll:
- How having a plan can keep you motivated
- Why strategic planning is tough for creative people
- How your grand plan can lead to the next step
To celebrate 3 years and 200 episodes of Inspirational Creatives, each day for the next 30 days you’ll hear ideas, inspiration and wisdom that can help you to elevate your life and creativity to the next level.
In this short episode, we remind ourselves the benefits of planning with the end in mind.
Whether it’s a vision board, an album, a podcast or a digital legacy:
Planning, with the end in mind, helps to keep you motivated whilst identifying what to do next.
Hear from Charlie Gilkey why strategic planning is challenging for creative people.
And how having two levels of planning can help you to visualise your greater body of work.
Items mentioned in this episode (quick access):
[00:41] Introducing this episode: day 8 of 30 days of daily inspiration.
[01:00] Planning with the end in mind.
[01:20] The two types of planning when living creatively.
[01:54] Why it helps to have a plan in place.
[02:30] Another benefit of planning with the end in mind.
[02:50] Why strategic planning is tough for creative people.
[04:17] Working backwards to find the first step.
[04:30] Leaving a legacy.
If you enjoyed this podcast, you’ll also like:
- ICP 207 – 30 Days of Daily Inspiration – Day 7 – Spend More Time Outdoors
- ICP 200 – Three Years of Inspirational Creatives: 30 Days of Daily Inspiration
- ICP 024 – Charlie Gilkey Explains Why Strategic Planning is Painful For Creative People
Thanks for listening
What inspired you in this episode? Let me know!