Scroll down for detailed episode notes and quick access timings
In this episode you’ll learn:
- About the voice creatives call resistance
- How your inner critic can improve your work
- What a 10 year-old can teach you about your inner critic
Every creative has an inner critic.
Successful creatives use their inner critic to good effect.
Aspiring author and adventurer, Amy Meek, shares what she’s learned from professional authors about taming your inner critic.
In this short episode we explore how our inner critics can teach us about what to improve.
And how they can help to keep us to our highest standards.
Items mentioned in this episode (quick access):
[00:41] Introducing this episode: day 27 of 30 days of daily inspiration.
[01:30] Stephen Pressfield’s book, The War of Art.
[01:39] Gay Hendrick’s book, The Big Leap.
[02:00] Taming your inner critic with Amy Meek.
[02:16] Amy talking about an author that inspired her: Jennifer Donnelly.
[03:17] What Jennifer taught Amy about using her inner critic to positive effect.
[03:58] What your inner critic can teach you.
[04:30] Summarising this short episode.
If you enjoyed this podcast, you’ll also like:
- ICP 116 What An Aspiring 12-year-old Author Can Teach You About Taming Your Inner Critic
- ICP 225 – 30 Days of Daily Inspiration – Day 25 – Find Inner Peace
- ICP 200 – Three Years of Inspirational Creatives: 30 Days of Daily Inspiration
Thanks for listening
What’s inspired you recently? Let me know!